Monday, February 4, 2013

New Girl - when awkward is cute !

Hello ! Did you enjoy the weekend? Did you have the time to check the Super Bowl? Honestly, I only like it for the half time show ! I admit that I don't understand American Football but I do admit that I go crazy over the show...

What did you think about Beyonce? Good or great? I think it was great but not as great as Madonna last year, but that's just me.

Anyway, today we'll talk about the show New Girl with the adorable Zooey Deschanel, have you seen it? I totally love it, it's extremely funny, makes my day every time!




In case your answer was no, here's a little explanation of the show:
The series begins with Jessica "Jess" Day (played by Zooey Deschanel), an adorable, bubbly young woman who teaches at a local Los Angeles elementary school. Jess begins looking for a new place to live after breaking up with her boyfriend. Seeing an ad for a new roommate on Craigslist, she moves in with three young men: Nick, Schmidt, and Coach. Very shortly after her move, Coach moves out, and is replaced by Winston, another young man who had previously lived in the apartment with Nick and Schmidt.

How is this not going to be funny? one girl and three guys in an apartment? You can guess all the craziness that goes in there.

So, Jess, who is the main character, has a very particular personality, she's adorable, bubbly ( as described above) but she also does silly-eccentric stuff, that's why she is awkwardly adorable.  The clothes she wears are amazing, I really love Jess's style, it's very girl-next-door but in a modern-cute way.  Let's check it out:

This is from one of the first episodes, they are at a wedding ( can you tell? )

Cool coat. Don't remember the print's name, not gonna lie about it, Do you know how they call that print?


Jess is all about skirts, basic shirts and flats.

That dress is awesome. In this episode she goes out to celebrate her friend's birthday, who is a model..so she had to dress for the occasion. 


These are the cute dresses I was telling you about.


Red and white.



I have similar shoes to those ones...They are comfortable ! and great for work where you have to be running around.


Color blocking all the way.

Yellow and black looks good, doesn't it?

More sober look.

These glasses got be to buy the ones I have...nerdy but chic.

This is from the Pilot when she goes back to hear apartment and get all her stuff back from her now ex-boyfriend.

Polka dots are a big part of her wardrobe.

Here they are! Some reading glasses inspo for you.

Pic from here


Basically, Jess is all about skirts, polka dots, bright colors and lots of flats.
Do you like Jess's style? Make sure to speak out on the comments, would love to hear what you think about this style being featured.

Have a great week!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for your lovely comment. I'm also following you :)

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her outfits! So pretty dresses and I like the way she uses different colors :)

    Your blog is cool, would you like to follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin?


    highheeledconfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her to, it's very inspiration and funny ! I love Jess lol.

      Delete

I always love to hear your comments.